Every organisation wants to improve, to thrive, to stay ahead of the competition. Often, the biggest barrier to this is simply time. Sometimes you need a short term partner who’ll be able to invest the time you don’t have available to help you achieve your goals and vision.
Other times, you need a partner that has the specific expertise to help you transform your business.
Sometimes, you need both.
Solutions Worldwide has developed a structured program that helps companies to assess their distribution operations with unbiased expertise. The objective of a lean distribution program is to drive out all non value added activities and processes so that your customers receive the highest level of quality and service at the lowest possible operating cost. Our Lean Management consulting services apply proven lean manufacturing concepts to distribution operations to help answer the following type of questions:
- Are there non-value added activities taking place within the distribution operation that can be eliminated? Do these activities add value for the customer or are they in place for historical reasons? What alternative methods exist to eliminate non-value-added work processes?
- Is there waste in the form of time, materials or other resources that cause productivity rates to be reduced or operating expenses to be inflated? Is there a way to reduce or eliminate this waste?
- How are products organized within the distribution center? Are there ways to optimize the way that products are stored: to reduce the manpower required to store and retrieve goods; and to pick outbound orders? Is there too much motion and searching required to locate products? How can the amount of travel time and search time be reduced to eliminate waste?
Because we realise that every company is unique, Solutions Worldwide has a 5 step approach to implement the Lean culture for clients:
- Understand customer demands and requirements
- Lean standard assessment
- Implement the gaps
- At the same time integrate the Lean culture into every level of the organization
- post implementation assessment
- handover with guidelines for a long term sustainance of the Lean culture
The lean projects we can offer you are:
- Standardized work flow
- Cellular Work Structure
- Value Stream Mapping
- Red Tag
- eliminating the 7 wastes
- min/max inventory
- Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions
- visual management
- Key Performance Indicators
- policy deployment
- Error Proofing
- Continuous Flow
- Bottleneck Analysis
What separates us from other lean consultants? We provide our clients with customized lean training, coaching, and facilitation support while helping them build the continuous improvement culture necessary for ongoing success after we are gone. We’re not interested in becoming permanent fixtures at our clients’ facilities; we’re interested in helping our clients become self-sufficient lean organizations.
Would you like to gain more insight in what Solutions Worldwide can offer? Contact us through our contact form and we will be happy to assist you.